Are you currently under the grip of sleep apnea and do not know you suffer from it? There are two main forms of sleep apnea, central sleep apnea and obstructive sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea occurs when signals from your brain do not reach your chest muscles when tell them to breathe. Obstructed sleep apnea occurs when your airway is blocked while you sleep.
Protect your summer smile with these important sleep apnea tips:
– Common allergies and sinus problems can also enhance your chances of sleep apnea.
– Irregular issues that can increase your risk for sleep apnea include an enlarged tongue or tonsils, a deviated septum, nasal blockages, a small jaw, and throat obstructions.
– If left untreated, sleep apnea can put you at risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and even death.
– Genetics play an increased role in many disorders, including sleep apnea.
– 40+-year-old males have a higher risk of sleep apnea.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible sleep apnea treatments with Dr. Teresa Cody and our team at C & C Dental, please call 281-201-4332 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Sugar Land, Texas. Get the smile you’ve always dreamed of!